8.17.2010

House for sale

Have you read -=MY DISCLAIMER=- yet?

We're trying to sell our house. We've outgrown it and we would like to get into one a little bigger and with any luck a little nicer neighborhood. I know this may come as a shock but I'm a pessimist and a realist and unfortunately that's not jiving particularly well with the current situation. See, our house is going into our third week on the market and we've only had one single showing. I'm trying to be patient and understanding but I'm the type of person who wants to do something. If something is wrong with the house that is causing people not to buy it then I want to know about it so that I can fix it. But if nobody is seeing the house then it's not possible for there to be anything wrong preventing someone from buying meaning there's nothing I can fix. It makes me feel completely helpless.

My best friend seems to think I should dump my realtor because a friend of his was getting the same "Nobody is looking at any houses right now" story from his realtor, changed realtors and boom...sold his house. I don't have the slightest clue what to think or what to do with things as they are. Our house isn't selling, we already found a house we love but we can't make a move on it unless our house sells first, but if ours doesn't sell before the one we want does then we're back to square one. No amount of "positive thinking" is going to change that.

On the one hand, if we change realtors and the house sells in a hurry then woohoo! But the flipside of that coin is that if we change and we still aren't getting showings and the house isn't moving then we are stupid for jumping ship for no reason. I hate feeling stupid even more than I hate feeling helpless. I think the old adage about "Good things come to those who wait" is a crock of shit. Waiting doesn't accomplish anything, DOING something accomplishes things. Unfortunately there's nothing I can DO except WAIT. I just want to run screaming from the room, find a dark corner to lay down in the fetal position, and whimper until this all goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment