Have you read -=MY DISCLAIMER=- yet?
Dreams are a powerful medium. Whether speaking of the stories and images your mind conjures while you are sleeping or the hopes you have for yourself, others, or the world in general. In my dream I see a world filled with people who have cast off their primitive superstitions and mindless obsessions with life or death or gods. Where those of us who are smart enough to see religion for the disease it is are no longer outnumbered by the sick minded majority huddling in the back of their caves praying into the darkness for something they aren't willing or capable of achieving for themselves.
Religion is a disease. Like cancer, or HIV, there's is no magical pill or elixir that can cure it. It seeks to infect the fresh minds of our children in order to be assured of it's own perpetuation as it has for centuries before. Each generation is taught to fear the unknown, to accept their own ignorance, and above all never to question anything or think for themselves. Learning is limited, intelligence actively squashed and even now in the face of scientific marvels and a mountain of evidence constantly disproving their gods existence we humans, being weak minded cattle, continue to hide from reality in our churches, and synagogues, and mosques.
When I drive down any street I am constantly barraged by the religious stupidity in my world. I see the signs outside of churches with their propaganda laced slogans and mottoes that even the smallest inkling of logical thought makes worthy of ridicule. On cars everywhere I see "Real men love Jesus" and other idiotic stickers and emblems. When I'm reading through my news feeds on Facebook I'm assaulted by mindless zombies with their status updates about "Jesus is lord click like if you agree" and "God is great" or someone they loved died "but they are with God now in his kingdom" blah blah blah. Why is the human race so intellectually retarded that they can't see the reality of the world around them?
Our world is a horrid place full of murder and hate and history books filled to overflowing with the atrocities of mankind. More of those atrocities have been committed in the name of one non-existent deity or another in a pissing contest on such a massive scale that it should boggle the mind of any sane human being should they ever stop to consider that it all boils down to "MY invisible friend and beat up YOUR invisible friend"
Well guess what humanity...my invisible friend is science and someday he will destroy your gods. Too stupid for science? Try religion...with any luck you'll pick some form that ends with you in sneakers and sweats under a sheet with a Kool-aid smile and leave the intelligent few alone.
My invisible friend laughs at all the other invisible friends because unlike the rest of them, mine knows it is invisible and knows that I only acknowledge it because I am bored or lonely.
ReplyDelete