8.20.2010

Falling down

Have you read -=MY DISCLAIMER=- yet?

I missed posting anything yesterday because I was having a really horrible day. Try and help someone out and show them there's no hard feelings for how they treated you in the past and you end up getting raked over the coals. I despise the human race.

Today on the other hand my day started out with catching a random post from a Pastafarian on my Facebook feed touting the wonders of our creator the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Makes me smile to see those rare jewels of sanity in a world predominantly populated by mentally diseased people with their invisible friends and dogmatic dedication to closing their eyes and plugging their ears and yelling LALALALALALALA in the face of scientific reality and evidence. That being the case let me follow up with...

Let us give thanks to her high holiness the Invisible Pink Unicorn, may her holy hooves never be shod. And be not tempted by the Purple Oyster of Doom and his pepperoni and mushroom pizza for the righteous path is paved with pineapple and Canadian bacon.

Went to dinner last night with my favorite director for the last time. He is moving to the big apple to pursue his own dreams and ambitions which I find both exceedingly risky and an enviable course of action. I'm saddened that I will not get to work with him in the future, remembering that he has been involved in every show I have done, but at the same time I am excited to see how things turn out for him there; allowing me to live somewhat vicariously through his experiences there. Hopefully we can go visit him next summer once he has gotten himself settled in.

On a totally unrelated note, this morning Rackley's Law proved itself yet again. What in the hell is wrong with people today?! Ok theoretical scenario here...you work for ________ running a ________ machine that makes _______. 20 years ago you would be considered "skilled labor" and likely would have been very good at what you do. In modern industry the only real requirement for this position is "warm body" and the expectation tend to follow closely along those lines. How hard is it to take a little pride in your work? I mean when the ________ finishes making a _________ stop for a second before you start the next ___________ and look at the first fucking ________ and think to yourself "Gee...that looks like shit...I wonder why that is..." Then you can consider the operation and figure out why there's a problem and fix it instead of starting the next ______ and the next and the next.

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS PEOPLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment