10.12.2010

Eureeka...I'm screwed

Have you read -=MY DISCLAIMER=- yet?

Anybody ever read Heller? I had an emotional/philosophical breakthrough pointed out to me last night which I quite honestly believe I should have come to under my own power. Just demonstrates how far out of my comfort zone this all is. Turns out under the circumstances the conclusion of all this fiasco is as much my decision as the other party's. I hadn't considered having any influence over the ending whatsoever but find I am faced with the realization that I wolde bothe eate my cake, and have my cake. The obvious juxtaposition between Einstein's definition of insanity and Yossarian's paradox is not a new position to find myself in, as I had already referenced it in a prior post. I'm a little curious as to whether she was cleverly reminding me I had said it or if it really just is that patently obvious but the reasoning bears little relevance to the issue at hand other than sometimes I think she's smarter than she gives herself credit for. There's another half to this post but I'm stuck...damn it...is this making sense to anyone?

6 comments:

  1. So basically, more or less, you got what you asked for. Then panicked because it was far-fetched in your mind? Thus, forgetting you played your cards, win or loss, too. Hindsight, what weeks ago was a means to an end became...well what's become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's not a very happy contemplation is it...have to argue I had played my cards to her fold though which hardly seems like a fair win even without hindsight. Perhaps there should have been more of a reverence to the game rather than merely the outcome. PS are you ever NOT a smartass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I wasn't trying to be a smartass. This time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This writing is over my head in comprehension. Can ya dumb it down just a bit lefty? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essentially it boils down to not knowing what it is that I want. Given a choice between A and B I possess justification for wanting both but they are mutually exclusive. Having A means B doesn't exist and having B means A doesn't and all of that means I'm lost and confused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simplify it...knowing what you don't want it 80% of the battle.

    ReplyDelete